Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BBQ Sauce


I forgot to take a picture of this sauce or the chicken on which it was barbecued, so instead you get random BBQ flames.

Also, I'm pretty behind in posting, since I made this for the 4th of July. My dad grilled the whole family's chicken with this sauce, and everyone loved it!


THE RECIPE:

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup green onions, minced
2 whole tomatoes, pureed
1/4 can frozen concentrated orange juice (or ~1 c fresh)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper

Warm oil in a saucepan over low heat, then add garlic and onion; cook until softened. Add all other ingredients; simmer ~15 mins, stirring frequently. (It will taste pretty vinegary straight, but is perfect after it's cooked!)

Baste over desired meat (I did chicken thighs) and refrigerate for 1-3 hrs to let it marinate.

Grill it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment